feng shui in our home. I am no expert in feng shui by any means, so don’t go by my tips if you are looking for advice from a strict, seasoned expert in the art of energy balance. But I have read many books on the subject over the years, and I know some very easy, instant things you can do to help balance the energy in your home; here are some of my favorites.
- Clean! It seems boring enough, and when you think of feng shui you probably imagine something creative, but this is probably the most important part of feng shui that you can practice. Dirt and clutter block energy and keep things stagnant and may even make you chaotic or depressed—not to mention encourage allergies! Cleaning out everything from top to bottom and purging yourself from all of that clutter is one of the best things you can do. For example, if you want to straighten up your finances, clean out your bills.
- Repaint and repair anything in need of it—especially leaky faucets, which can symbolize your money going down the drain.
- Make this super cute good luck goldfish, with children or on your own. Just be sure to not put them in the kitchen or the bedroom; we put ours in the living room. My daughter is especially excited about this project!
- Put a bowl of fruit on the table to symbolize abundance.
- Hang a wind chime in a dark corner, or in between your door and staircase, to stir up stagnant energy.
- Put two lovebirds in your bedroom to help your romantic life flourish. I have two tiny white lovebirds kissing on my bedroom bookshelf.
- Place photos of children in your family in the living room to help the energy flourish there.
- Be sure to incorporate the five elements throughout your home, in both color form as well as their tangible forms: wood, metal, water, earth, and fire. If you can get these in every room—and it really isn’t hard to do when you think about it—all the better.
- Tie a red ribbon or string around the bills you have paid and file them. This creates positive energy around bills you’ve already paid, making it easier to pay more in the future.
What are your best feng shui tips? Share them below!